Himalayan India – Conference 2019
Discover the spiritual & cultural traditions of Northern India & Nepal, revel in the amazing Ayurvedic spa treatments and scenic beauty of the Himalayas.
Read more below to discover the highlights of each tour.
Main Tour: Spiritual India
Spectacular scenery, colonial history, magnificent architecture and cultural diversity await you in the Indian Himalaya.
The western Himalaya is home to exiled Tibetan Buddhists who have settled in Dharamshala, Sikhs who congregate in Amritsar to worship at their most holy site, the Golden Temple and hindus in the holy city of Rishikesh.
Further east tea plantations blanket the hills around Darjeeling and stunning vistas are revealed in the area of Sikkim.
- Be amazed by the bustling vibe in colonial Kolkata
- Visit a traditional tea plantation in Darjeeling
- Ride on the iconic toy train Himalayan Railway
- Marvel at the spectacular sunrise over the Himalayas at Tiger Hill
- Observe traditional Tibetan cultures in Dharamshala
- See the private residence of Dalai Lama
- Admire the scenic beauty of the Buddhist mountain kingdom of Sikkim
- Be inspired by the unique architecture of the planned city of Chandigarh
- Travel to the holy Sikh city of Amritsar
- Engage in a heritage walk in Old Delhi
A stunning mountain kingdom which straddles the Himalayas, to the north of India and to the south of Tibet, Nepal has a dynamic diversity of landscapes and Hindu and Buddhist cultural traditions.
- Visit UNESCO Cultural Heritage Sites in Kathmandu.
- Discover Swayambhunath, one of the oldest shrines in the world
- Observe the thousands of pilgrims circling the Boudhanath Stupa
- Visit Bhaktapur, the “City of Devotees,” and its cobbled pavements, home to displays of medieval art and architecture
- Visit beautiful Pokhara, with astounding views of the Himalayas
- Enjoy a relaxing cruise on scenic Lake Phewa
- Partake in jungle safaris in Chitwan National Park
- Experience an exhilarating scenic flight over Mount Everest
Post-Tour: Luxury Himalayan Spa Experience
Ananda is an award-winning luxury destination spa resort in India, located on Maharaja’s Palace Estate in the Himalayan foothills in Northern India. It is surrounded by graceful Sal forests and overlooks the spiritual town of Rishikesh and the Ganges river valley.
Ananda, one of the best luxury ayurvedic retreats in India, integrates traditional Ayurveda and Yoga with international wellness experiences, fitness and healthy organic cuisine to restore balance and harmonize energy.
- Indulge in a luxury spa experience at the foothills of the Himalayas
- Be spiritually inspired by the ashrams in the mystical city of Rishikesh
- Marvel at the spectacular Ganga Aarti ceremony at sunset
Himalayan India 2019
For a full itinerary of locations and inclusions, Download PDF.
To receive a full itinerary with costs and Registration Form, please Register Your Interest.